Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Let's play DDR EXTREME at home!

During this Enhanced Community Quarantine in the Philippines, everybody is in their houses to prevent exposure from infection. Some people does the house chores, working from home, and some are slacking off. To avoid boredom inside the house, I play console games. I livestream my gameplays recently (sorry for video quality and sometime weak connections) during this lockdown period and this time I choose to play DDR [DanceDanceRevolution].

Cover art of DDR EXTREME.

I picked up my most fave DDR game, the DDR EXTREME (CS). The console counterpart of DDR EXTREME was released back in 2003. I bought this game thru a Japanese Ebay seller in 2012. DDR EXTREME was the largest number of songs in one disc (111 songs to be exact) in all DDR console releases. That's forty-six percent of it's Arcade counterpart (240 songs). Part of the campaign of the game, Konami also released a bonus gift Music CD, DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME PREMIUM CD for people who bought the game early. I already featured that special CD in this blog years ago. Another thing that I liked this game is the staff roll, they used an unplugged version of Remember You during the staff rolling and they also feature all the DDR mainline console games.

back cover art

By the way, the game can also unlock previous games starting from DDMAX~MAX2 by means of System Data Support. Data Support for EXTREME is only available if you own a DDR Party Collection game. For more information regarding DDR's Data Support please click here. Prices for the game differs, depending on the condition for a used game. And because the game was released 17 years ago, it is rare to find a sealed one and if there is, it will be expensive. 

Game manual and game disc

How I wish there's still an available DDR EXTREME arcade in the metro, to relive the moments when DDR EXTREME is the current game during DDR's hiatus in making an arcade version. The last time I stumbled a DDR EXTREME arcade is in Centris Mall, Quezon City a decade ago. If there's one, it will be nostalgic to all old DDR players!

The seller includes the unused warranty card

No comments:

Post a Comment