Monday, May 11, 2020

'GOLIALIZZE GOLI MATSUMOTO ARCHIVES' GOLI's BEMANI Artworks

While cleaning my containers, I unearthed a book that wasn't opened for years. Back in 2005, Goli Matsumoto an illustrator and designer for KONAMI released GOLIALIZZE GOLI MATSUMOTO ARCHIVES. An artbook for his artworks for beatmaniaIIDX. The artbook consist of most his artworks starting from beatmaniaIIDX Substream to IIDX HAPPY SKY. The art book also includes an DVD that contains a ALFARSHEAR music video and mini posters from Substream to HAPPY SKY. Up to this day, GOLI is still working for the company.

Front cover


The one I have doesn't have the mini posters nor the DVD, but I think the book is itself would suffice. As of writing, online sellers from Ebay sells it from $29.00 up to $180.00 depending on the completeness and condition of the item. I couldn't say that the book is a rare item yet, but I think as time goes by, the value would rise up and fewer sellers will sell the item. If you are in Japan, try looking for it in nearby BookOffs / HardOffs or Mandarake stores you might score one.

Book staff roll

Here are a few of his artworks inside GOLIALIZZE;






No comments:

Post a Comment