Sunday, January 22, 2023

DDR's only PlayStation 3 game!

A week before 2022 ends, I bought a used DanceDanceRevolution game for the PlayStation 3 from Facebook's Marketplace. The game I bought doesn't have a USB dance pad.  The game was released in 2010. Aside from the only DDR game for the PS3, this is also the only DDR game that has Downloadable content (DLC) as song packs. Unfortunately, my PS3 won't let me change PSN account. I notice from cover art, that this DDR game is not under Konami's BEMANI label. By the way, I bought this game for around 300.00PhP! 

DanceDanceRevolution (2010) cover art

The game has an initial 30 songs with 20 hidden songs. Unlocking songs is pretty straightforward, to unlock songs they must unlock it through the game's CLUB MODE. But filling up a bar in CLUB MODE, it unlocks a song. 
DDR 2010's Video manager

Another unique feature is to be able to record gameplays in game. The bad thing is, this is not available to license songs, only Konami Originals can record. 

It is sad that Konami didn't continue the game for the PS3 and this game was cancelled in Japan, although this was promoted prior to its cancellation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment