Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Buying items from Japan thru Buyee's proxy service!

Amidst of pandemic, a lot of sellers in Ebay were unable sell their items in a worldwide scale and limited for domestic buyers of their country, thus setting up exclusions to other countries. My friend and I were able to buy items from Japan thru Buyee's proxy service. This is our first time to try this service, although, this has been established years ago. There are a lot of establishments that provides proxy service to foreign buyers, but this time we tried Buyee first. 

Buyee's website

First is to look over websites such as Yahoo Auctions Japan to browse items we like to buy, and then, before we buy the items my logged in into his Buyee's account to confirm payment. Once order was taken place, the item must be paid right away (My friend used Paypal). Once payment is confirmed, the seller will send the item to their office. You can buy items to other sellers though. Once your items were received in their office, you can consolidate all your items in shipment and shipment options will be asked. My friend tried the DHL option because the DHL charges relatively close to EMS about 100php difference. Buyee sent the item last Friday and my friend received it Monday. My friend and I split the payment for consolidated and International shipping fee.

The parcel arrived in my friend's address

When using the proxy service, please do not that there will be fees to be paid on top of the item and International shipping fee. On Buyee's case, there are other fees such as Domestic shipping fee (Japan), Consolidated fee, and Buyee's fee. Charges and fees may be vary on other proxy company but always be prepare on other charges. Please be aware that Philippines Customs charges duties and tariffs if the total amount exceeds the 10,000.00Php de mini mis.

I bought a pop'n music 14 FEVER (PS2) Konamistyle edition

My friend bought some KitKats!

Proxy service is an alternative option in buying items in Japan during this pandemic, but please be mindful of the fees that you have to pay when you use this service. Ebay is relatively cheap than that of proxy service because you don't pay the service provider to buy your fave items and most Ebay listings are direct sellers. Next time, I will try the proxy service of locally residing Filipinos in Japan. If you want to try the proxy service please visit Buyee's website.

Postscript:
I would like to acknowledge my friend from A Tokyo in Manila for providing some photos in this blog entry. Please visit the A Tokyo in Manila Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment