Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Shipping online purchases thru EMS from Japan

Since 2008, I always buy items from Japan thru Ebay. Most of the items I bought are video games. On my recent purchase in Ebay. I took the EMS option in sending my purchases to the Philippines.

Tracking history of my parcel

EMS, as we all know, expensive and faster than the regular international postage. When I am about to check out my items, I was thinking of sending it thru regular postage which is cheaper, however, I took the risk of sending thru EMS.

While I was tracking my parcel online, I was scared that my parcel will be on-hold at the Central Mailing Exchange Center in port of NAIA in Pasay City. Out of fear, I called the EMS, to check my parcel (Please take note that when calling their number, it will take a while to answer, I think there are prior callers on queue and sometimes the number will be busy). The lady who took my call said that my parcel will be delivered the address (what a relief!!). I also took the opportunity to ask the lady if all EMS parcel needs to be picked up at CMEC. I told her that I read post from the various sites in the internet that EMS parcel are for pick up at CMEC. She confidently answered that not all parcels are subjected for Customs Inspection. She said that items coming from countries that has large cases of illegal contrabands or parcels that has declared value of more than the de mini mis  10,000.00Php or approx. $200.00 needs to be checked by the presence of a Customs Officer. She added that the origin of my parcel has no threat of contraband. In case of being withheld by Customs, the consignee will receive a postal notice to come to CMEC Pasay for inspection. If articles of the parcel found untaxable, then, will be released right away.

If your parcel is subjected to duties and tariffs, then, the consignee should be ready of the fees to be paid depending on the calculated fees by the Customs Officer. I never experienced to pay duties and tariffs when claiming parcels, but some people encountered huge fees. I would suggest, to bring some cash. I also read stories over the internet that some were able to haggle to minimize the fees.

The box of my parcel

An hour later, the parcel arrived to my office and paid the postal handling fee of 112.00Php. Delivering EMS parcel to the address really saves time, no waiting time at the City Central Post Office and no long transit times. It seems that my parcel has seamless transaction and I hope that other people who took the EMS would feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment