Tuesday, March 12, 2013

PocketStation,PlayStation on your pocket.


The PocketStation is a PlayStation peripheral released in January 23, 1999 exclusively for Japanese markets. Sony had plans to release it to other regions however, it never happened. This cute little gadget is also a PlayStation 1 memory card (15 blocks/128Kb) and an alarm clock. PocketStation can play mini-games from selected PlayStation 1 games by transferring via PlayStation 1 memory card slot or via Infrared transfer located at the top of the LCD.

I'm using my 2 PocketStations as an Arcade Link to save scores or play edit data in Dance Dance Revolution games.  7 years ago, I saw a PocketStation in an electronic shop in Quiapo, Manila selling it for 1,700.00Php. The Store attendant had no idea if the PocketStation they are selling is new or used. Unfortunately, when I'm about to buy it, the store was already gone. I got my first PocketStation from a local ebay seller for only 300.00Php. A good buy for a used item.

 
Interestingly, PocketStations are made somewhere in the Philippines. (shown above)

2 comments: