Friday, March 29, 2013

KEYBOARDMANIA on keyboards.

I have been playing any available Bemani-related simulation like DanceDanceRevolution, beatmaniaIIDX, pop'n music and GuitarFreaks and DrumMania in our local arcade shops. However, how about the defunct bemani games like DanceManiaX, ParaParaPradise, DDR SOLO and the original beatmania? I know that some of them are still roaming around the arcade shops in different parts of the Philippines, but how about the most rare Bemani game like KEYBOARDMANIA?

KEYBOARDMANIA is a Keyboard simulation game from Konami using a Yamaha supported keyboards with 2 screens on each keyboards with wheel effectors on each side. KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX is capable of Multisession link with other Bemani games like GuitarFreaks and DrumMania with a dozen of playable songs in Multisession mode. Click here for the Youtube link of KEYBOARDMANIA's Multisession

During my college years, I used to play a KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX Arcade in Timezone Market! Market!. During those times the machine was in pristine condition. I play so almost everyday just to practice the game and my most played music is "DEAR MY FRIEND" by Every Little Thing . As months went by the arcade machine is starts to deteriorate, keys are sticky and sometimes chipped off keys, blurry screens, unresponsive effector wheels and the worse of all being smashed by High school punks. It's very unfortunate that my friend wasn't able to play the game due to that issues. Arcade management tries to fix the problems, until they finally decided to return it back to their warehouse for further repairs and never seen it again.

Months after, I decided to search for an another KEYBOARDMANIA alive, but the other KEYBOARDMANIA is also broken, located in Festival Mall Alabang, Muntinlupa. I decided to look for another options, until I found a PlayStation 2 version of the game.

(KEYBOARDMANIA CS with controller)
 
KEYBOARDMANIA has 2 consumer versions, the 1st and the 2ndMIX & 3rdMIX in one disc. The first CS version have the same interface with the 1st KEYBOARDMANIA unlike the second version uses the 3rdMIX interface. The PS2 version is not capable of multisession link but songs in multisession is playable.
 
I was able to practice more at home and manages to SS some songs on Light and Light + modes. Playing this game is like fulfilling my dream to play piano and most songs are classical.
 
Makes me wonder, Why Konami decided to end the game after 3rdMIX? and Why our local arcade operator didn't return the game to the Arcade parlor?  Nevertheless, this game is great and I will always play this game.
 
Photo: © 2013 Happy Fiesta Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment