Monday, October 14, 2019

Traveled to Japan? Use your Suica / Pasmo Card as Game Center Card!

Suica card issued by JR EAST.
Recently traveled to Japan? You brought home your Suica or Pasmo as souvenir? Then, you can use them as an alternative Game Center card! I traveled to Japan twice and used my Suica card for transportation and buying drinks in vending machines and in Konbini such as FamilyMart and Lawson.

My friend's PASMO Card (Credits: A Tokyo in Manila).
When I got home from my trip, a friend of mine told me that the Pasmo card in his wallet recognised by one of the arcade machines. So I searched the internet, tried it on my own in my nearby Game center and it works! Suica and Pasmo cards as game card is compatible with KONAMI's e-amusement enabled arcade games. You can transfer your existing e-amusement data to your Suica by tapping it for the first time, write down the card number generated by the machine, and log-on to your KONAMI account to transfer your account. Please do note when tapping for the first time (for e-amusement), you must cancel entry and mustn't create password, otherwise, it will create a new account. When transferring of data is completed, the same password from your old card will be used in your new Suica and Pasmo card.

Transferring of Suica card to iPhone.
Other features of Suica is you can use your iPhone or Apple watch as a virtual card by transferring your Suica card details to your phone. You can download the Suica app if you wish to load up or create a virtual pass. This feature is available starting from iPhone 7 and Apple watch series 2 sold in Japan. For more information and procedures please click the link.

Transfer complete!
Right now, I am using my iPhone as a Suica virtual card that is linked to my e-amusement account. It means that no more pulling out of wallets or game cards to bring every time I play and I have to do is to tap my phone onto the card reader.





No comments:

Post a Comment