Saturday, July 21, 2018

BEMANI stuff I bought during my Tokyo Trip

When I was in Tokyo, Japan last June I am staying in a hostel a few blocks away from Akihabara. The first thing I did is to look for BEMANI stuff. After checking-in, I started browsing the different shops such as BookOff, Traders, Radio Kaikan, and Mandarake.

BEMANI Stuff I bought
I was able to buy Soundtracks, some pop'n music CS for PlayStation 1 and 2, a Jehuty revoltech, and ROOTS26 beatmaniaIIDX DVD.


I also bought a Rasis figure from SOUND VOLTEX II -infinite infection- for only ¥200! And it’s brand new!

At first, I was overwhelmed by Akihabara’s vast variety of anime, manga, and video game selections. Knowing that Akihabara is the center of everything otaku related in Japan. I think the total damage in my wallet is about ¥20,000.00 for buying BEMANI only.

10 comments:

  1. I always loved tyhe music from Beatmania, got some cheaper Sound Voltex figures for a friend, and never ever played any of those music games. I am not even sure if I could be fast enought to play it xD
    But still, really good taste in merchendise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During my trip, BEMANI merchs are scarce and expensive. Good thing have some BEMANI figs for a good price. Keep on playing! XD

      Delete
    2. Thank you
      I order from Japanese shops (like https://www.suruga-ya.jp/), as here in Poland it would cost way too much to get anything

      Delete
    3. Sometimes it’s better to visit Japan than to buy stuff online.

      Delete
    4. Yes, shipping costs can kill. Also the joy of being right there and swiming in all those merchendise and hobby shops that is something that I want to experience too (after I will save enough money to travel to Japan).

      Thank you for this talk, it is really cool to write with a person who have good taste and lots of passion for what he does even if it is niche hobby in a niche hobby. I myself sit in niche hobby so it is hard to find around people with the same interest so the internet is the only way to find them.

      Also I have a question - I can get for cheap a PSX Beatmania controler & games. Is it worht it? Or it is better to go straight to PS2 ones (Also I try to get into Taiko no Tatsujin)

      Delete
    5. Yes you can. It depends on where you buy games and controllers in Japan (i.e. BookOff/HardOff, Traders). Prices ranges from 100 JPY ~ 2000JPY or even more. Before I buy, I make sure to compare prices Yes, worth it because PS1 are for the original beatmania while the PS2 ones are beatmaniaIIDX.

      Delete
    6. Thank you for the information. I always tried to get the CDs with OST but they cost A LOT

      Delete
    7. Also is Pop & Music a good game series?


      P.S. Is that an doujin (r18 or SFW) next to Revoltech Jehuty?

      Delete
    8. Yes. pop'n music is a good game. No, that is called beatmaniaIIDX ROOTS26 SUITE. It is a five volume drama-CD. I haven't opened it yet though.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. organic ghee online

    ReplyDelete